The Village of Hartland will be conducting the Village-wide spring brush pick up beginning Monday, April 9, 2018. The Department of Public Works makes one pass only through the Village during this week. Residents must have brush to the curb by that Monday to ensure pick up will occur.
Please remember to follow these simple rules:
- All brush must be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Monday, April 9th.
- Brush must be placed at the curb or street edge so it does not interfere with traffic or pedestrians.
- Brush MUST be cut into 10-foot lengths or less. Side branches more than 2 inches in diameter must be cut from the main branch.
- No branches larger than 6 inches will be accepted,
- All brush should be stacked into neat piles and not entangled. The cut ends should face the street for ease of collection,
- No wire, plastic, metal, lumber, rail ties, stumps, rocks or gravel will be collected
- No grass clippings, leaves or other yard waste will be picked up. These items should be taken to the yard waste site.
FREE wood chips and compost will be available for the public after the collection is completed. These materials will be located outside of the fenced in area at the DPW Garage located at 701 Progress Drive. You will need to bring containers to remove these items.